Tuesday 12 July 2011

Day Out With The Teenager

On Sunday we took Jacob to T4 on The Beach.  Jacob texted us one day when he was at school and asked if we could buy him a ticket so he could go with all of his mates.  'EVERYONE is going.' His exact words.  He said that they would get a lift with a parent then all get the train back but being the panicky mummy that I am I wasn't happy with the train idea so we said we would both go, give him and a couple of his friends a lift then they could go off for the day and meet us later.  After he had got over how embarrassing this would be (I thought we were cool), he said yes thank you.  And I'm so glad because it turned out none of his mates were allowed to go - I panic for a reason.  


So Sunday morning we set off very early to get there in time.  As we got closer it seemed every car was filled with teenagers, thousands and thousands of teenagers.  Then we saw the 'Parent Drop Off' sign and started to feel a bit old... I'm 33.  I don't feel any different to when I was 18 but we were definitely in the minority.  But I don't care!  I enjoyed it so much more than I did when I was a teenager,  worried about what you look like, what you act like, who you are with.  It was a great day, we had so much fun and it was brilliant to spend some time with Jacob - he had to talk to us.  Although he did stand in front of us a bit and gave us evil looks if we dared to dance. 
The look of the moment for the girls seemed to be either wellies with hot pants or something inspired by Vicki Pollard.  The boots and shorts look is pretty cool, might try it with some slightly longer than hot pants ( I am 33 after all).  The boys were either in Olly Murs hats and a shirt or something a bit more chavvy.  I swear to God that when I was 15 no girl looked like they do now.  They are all so preened, they have proper hair styles, make up, the lot and I am not exaggerating.  We really did not look that good.  Really.

 Olly Murs

When it started a guy came on the stage and said ' I'm afraid we have some sad sad news...'  The crowd went silent expecting something terrible and it was then that he announced that JLS would not be performing.  OK, I can live with that.  We saw Olly Murs (he was brilliant) Example (my fave of the day I think), Katy B (Jay loved her, I did not), N Dubz (surprisingly good), Tinchy Strider, Chipmunk, Nicola Roberts (I don't like to be mean but quite terrible), McFly (loved them!), Mann, Far East Movement, Scouting for Girls, Hard Fi, Jason Derulo, The Wanted plus loads more.  It was a great, great day, and I can't wait for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment