Saturday 9 July 2011

Summer Fete

Today we had a lovely afternoon at Daisy's school fete, thankfully the rain stopped for a hour or so and the sun came out.  I love the stalls at summer fetes, such fun!  Daisy had her pennies in her pocket and went off to get her face painted then had a few games... whilst Mummy spent all her pennies at the most wonderful stall ever!


 

An older girl from the school had set up a stall and I have never seen such an array of homemade goodies, there were jams and cakes, little jars of sweets and chocolates, even sweetpeas picked from her garden.  I bought lemon curd, raspberry jam and homemade peanut butter! (I was SO excited to try it and had a nice tasting sess this evening)
I bought some sweetpeas that smell like heaven and some gorgeous tiny cakes

 

 

The lemon curd was truly yummy.  I have lost count of how many pieces of lemon curd toast I have eaten this evening.  Over done it a bit.  And the little fabric tops are just so pretty!
There was a book stall at the fete, I managed to pick up some lovely books, some Mr Men books that were missing from our collection and an adorable vintage book called Sallys Christmas Day, the pictures are just so sweet





 









No comments:

Post a Comment